You can see here how much reputation robcarberry has received from other members.
26 August 2012, 04:55
My problem is now solved. You will have to forgive this lengthy post I'm about to type. I just want to share what I went through to get here. I'm still not sure why what I did resolved it but It is resolved.
Nothing earlier from this thread seemed to work. I tried again to uninstall completely and re-install since I added the .NET 4 install but even that didn't work. It launched Home and just stopped responding again. I even let it sit for an hour. Still nothing.
It started me thinking that it almost seemed like it was trying to retrieve info from the internet. I kept watching network traffic even though I wasn't doing anything. So it made me think maybe this could be causing my trouble. I have experienced something similar with a new install of another program not related to TomTom before.
So I used taskmanager to kill tomtomhomerunner, tomtomhomeruntime, and tomtomhomeservice again. I then turned off my wireless network connection so I was no longer connected to the internet. I then launched Home2. I was amazed. It immediately opened and looked normal. I was able to click on menu items like preferences and everything responded. I then received an error message that Home could not connect to the TomTom network. I just hit OK and ignored. I then connected my TomTom device and everything connected okay. I got the same network connection error and again just hit okay and ignored. I then clicked on "login" and because I wasn't able to connect to the tomtom servers I couldn't go any further. I then just enabled my wireless network and wait to be connected to the internet. I then resumed login and everything continued to work. It performed the normal device update items and continued to work as expected.
I disconnected and have rebooted several times and can launch Home2 with out any troubles. So it seems that what ever was going on just needed to get through all the initial steps for the first time and now no longer try's to do what ever it was hanging up on.
I've read some other threads that people believe this new update 2.9.1 is bad. Perhaps if they read this they might have the same success I have.View original comment