I bought a Curfer over a year ago and it was installed and running beautifully, unlike the vehicle it was installed on and I had to return the car to the supplying dealer.
Today, I found the Curfer whilst sorting out and wanted to install it in my new (to me) car.
It plugged into the OBD without a problem and the blue light came on solid and the green light flashed as expected.
I went to the app and found that the data from the previous car was still in place and I was unable (could not find a way) to delete / reset it. So I deleted the account and re-registered. The email arrived, I clicked on the link and all appeared well.
I then went through the login process in the app that prompted for the make, model and year of car. I entered all of that and the switched on bluetooth and internet (right outside the house with the router on the other side of the window). There was a little message that suggested that the Curfer was connected (paired) with my phone.
I clicked next to select the activation process. It sat there for ages with a spinner animation, but nothing happened. So half an hour later I went into the house and surfed to find an answer to the problem, but without success.
I logged into TomTom with the new account and started this post and then had a flash of inspiration, maybe the Bluetooth pairing was not activated and sure enough, that is what the problem was. The message in the setup was just that, not a true indication of the status of the connection. So I went into the phone settings, found the device, connected it and low and behold the activation completed in less than a minute.
Software update downloaded to the Curfer and we are away.
I almost delete this post, but thought someone else may have the same experience and this might save them some time and frustration.