Question

I am going to buy Bandit


  • Neophyte Traveler
  • 3 replies
Hi Folks,

I am going to buy Bandit but I have few question. Does it support OnePlus2? Is there any editing software that supports is under Linux? Does it get sw updates nowdays?

Thanks!

13 replies

As far a Linux support; the Bandit Studio isn't supported in Linux unless you can get it to work with wine. I have not investigated that deeply. I do use Shotcut to edit my videos in Linux though with great results there.
I wouldn't buy a Bandit, tbh. Don't get me wrong. it's a great camera but the software and firmware seems completely dead; no updates in ages. It seems like TomTom has abandoned it.
MHolm wrote:

I wouldn't buy a Bandit, tbh. Don't get me wrong. it's a great camera but the software and firmware seems completely dead; no updates in ages. It seems like TomTom has abandoned it.



I'd agree, the iPhone app won't let me register & Studio won't work with my laptop. (see my post in the forum)

The camera is fine, the software useless.
MHolm wrote:
I wouldn't buy a Bandit, tbh. Don't get me wrong. it's a great camera but the software and firmware seems completely dead; no updates in ages. It seems like TomTom has abandoned it.

As MHolm wrote, don't waste your money on something that is not supported. I posted "https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-bandit-action-camera-477/tomtom-bandit-is-it-still-supported-1024986, and as yet there has been no communication from anyone from Tomtom. Yes I have the camera and i like it, but to dish out money with no support, no thanks. My suggestion is look at Gopro 5 which I ended up buying as a second camera or the Sony action camera's which I hear are excellent.
Sad to hear. I am really excited about TomTom Bandit, but if there is no support for it it is better to buy a supported camera. Are there anyone from TomTom who can answer to the support questions, and planned SW updates?
KAMI911 wrote:

Sad to hear. I am really excited about TomTom Bandit...



Indeed, so am I - I cannot advise anyone to buy the Bandit though - not without proper support. I cannot understand why TomTom keeps selling something that isn't properly supported. The camera as such functions fine as is, but I would like to see it improving with new updates for both the firmware and Bandit Studio.

KAMI911 wrote:

Are there anyone from TomTom who can answer to the support questions, and planned SW updates?



Software wise, I doubt TomTom will give you any roadmap (I hope TomTom proves me wrong). I haven't had to use their phone support - but my impression is that they do respond, also when it comes to Bandit.
From what I have seen, the support seems to be pretty good so far. I got the bandit when it was first released, and I'm very happy with mine. I really do hope we see some improvements coming in the near future of course.
Can anybody share a raw videofiles of Bandit? I am really curious are the sensors data in the raw data, or the device handles them separately? I would like to investigate if we can implement such functionality in OpenShot or other Open Source editor.
Userlevel 3
Badge
KAMI911 wrote:

Can anybody share a raw videofiles of Bandit? I am really curious are the sensors data in the raw data, or the device handles them separately? I would like to investigate if we can implement such functionality in OpenShot or other Open Source editor.



https://www.dropbox.com/s/03nwwi0upjjsc4u/M1621178.MP4?dl=0


Oh, ohhh soory, I forget to download the file, can you reshare it? Thank you in advance!
I got mine working by buying a specific SD card as recommended by TomTom (why others don't work well is beyond me). Twice the price of the last one I bought.
Userlevel 3
Badge
KAMI911 wrote:



Oh, ohhh soory, I forget to download the file, can you reshare it? Thank you in advance!



Have to put another up
Userlevel 3
Badge
KAMI911 wrote:



Oh, ohhh soory, I forget to download the file, can you reshare it? Thank you in advance!



Different file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/exjg65goddd93bh/M0021561.MP4?dl=0

Reply