As already announced a little while ago we've been working on a new TomTom Sports App for Android and iPhone to further improve your experience with syncing and viewing your activities and tracking data.
We'll be rolling the new app out in phases starting now with UK and Ireland where it can be downloaded in the Google PlayStore and Apple iTunes AppStore*.
We'll release the app in some more countries every few days and aim at a global release within a couple of weeks. I'll update this announcement as the roll-out progresses.
- This app will replace the old MySports app, except for Golfer and Golfer 2 users.
- The new TomTom Sports App is designed to help you get going, move more and stay motivated. The app allows tracking all your sports and activities in one place, with trends, progress insights, and personal bests accessible at a glance. You can dive deeper to see more detailed analysis, and stay motivated by sharing your achievements with friends through social media. Learn more on www.tomtom.com/sportsapp. For a sneak peak, please see the following video:
Starting to use the new TomTom Sports App
- To start using the new TomTom Sports app start the MySports app and click Get the app to download it, or get it from tomtom.com/sportsapp.
- Open the new app and tap Transfer. The app securely transfers your account and device information to the new app.
- Once the transfer is complete you can now remove the MySports mobile app from your phone. Once your watch or activity tracker is paired with the new TomTom Sports app, you can no longer use the old app. For more information about starting to use the new TomTom Sports App, please see this FAQ.
* This mobile app only works on phones with Bluetooth Smart (4.1 or higher) and iOS8 or higher. The TomTom Sports App needs to be connected to the internet to exchange information with your TomTom device.
Update: User manual for the new app is already available here.
Update 2: The new app is now available also in Spain and the Netherlands.
Update 3: The new app is now available also in Italy, France, Germany, Portugal and Belgium.
Update 4: The new app is now available also in South Africa.
Update 5: The app is now available globally.