You can see here how much reputation NileQueen1 has received from other members.
14 July 2012, 06:56
1. You need to install Home 2 found here: tomtom.com/home
2. Connect the 550 to the computer and make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents. If not sure how, see here: http://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html
3. Install Home 2. Connect one of the 550 units and regsiter with an email address/password. Use a separate email address for each device!!
4. Click on Update my Unit. You should be offered a gpsquickfix file, and mapshares.
5. Important: You are elibigible for the newest (890) map within 30 days of first use. You get this by using Home's Tools menu option (top left of menu bar) and Latest Map Guarantee.
After that, you are eligible (if you bought the M [lifetime maps] for a new map whenever they are available. Map 895 should be out about a month from now.
BUT.......... you MUST register the activation code for each device for the lifetime maps. Do Not waste your time trying to do it online. Call CS at 866-486-6866 with the activation code for each device.View original comment