You can see here how much reputation Geordie134 has received from other members.
18 June 2012, 21:15
1. Hold the ON/OFF button, until it reaches the info screen (black screen, white text)
2. After entering the info screen press the ON/OFF button 3 times quickly (it should be 3 presses within one second)
3. The device restarts and only shows a cogwheel, it just entered in the 'recovery mode'
4. Make sure to connect the TomTom device to the computer (so it can download the 'last known good application' for your device)
5. Wait until you see picture of a TomTom (red x) and a laptop, then switch off the TomTom unit
6. Then reset the device, and it should start up normally
7. Wait 5 minutes
Then you can try this as well, to make sure all up to date:
- Try to disable your antivirus and firewall, use Firefox, and make sure that your computer is not going into stand-by or similar.
- Clear the cache before each update attempt. Also could do a soft reset before and after the update.
- Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player and Java installed.
- Make sure you have all the latest updates and hotfixes/patches to your OS.
- In case the device looks like hung during the update or the counter stopped, just leave it. It will be fine in a few minutes.
- Check your network connections, make sure that the TT's network adapter is enabled
- Try to uninstall and re-install the MyTomTom application
- Any further issue: Try it on another PC, try it with different USB lead (below steps are Windows specific)
- Whilst the device connected, remove the drivers from the Device Manager (Windows/Control Panel), DELETE the drivers
- Remove the MyTomTom application and run CCLEANER (will remove your history, cookies, etc by default)