TomTom Discussions is a place for our customers to connect and discuss TomTom products.
Before participating please make sure to read our general guidelines:
- We are here to help. If you are new to TomTom Discussions and are unsure about anything, just ask! The TomTom moderators and other users are happy to help. TomTom moderators and TomTom staff are identified by the TomTom logo and role next to their username.
- Stay productive. TomTom Discussions is primarily designed as a place for customers to help customers, so please keep your comments constructive and relevant to the topic on the forum or thread. Don’t hijack other members’ topics for your own agenda. If you need assistance directly from TomTom, please take advantage of the phone and email options available on our support pages: http://tomtom.com/support.
- Stay on-topic. For everyone's benefit please stay on-topic. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any person, company or product, or from posting in a manner unrelated to TomTom products and services.
- Do not post any information that you do not wish to make public. Any information that you post can be obtained and used by others. You post at your own risk and responsibility.
- Stay courteous. Everyone wants to have a positive experience on TomTom Discussions - so make sure that you are not detracting from anyone else's experience. Please be polite and respectful in your interactions with other members and staff. In particular, refrain from posting anything unlawful, libelous, defamatory, inflammatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, or otherwise objectionable or injurious to third parties. Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment ("flaming" or "trolling") on either TomTom Discussions or through private messaging are not acceptable.
- Keep it spam-free. TomTom Discussions is provided as a service to TomTom customers and is not intended for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organisations. Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, petitions, or any other form of unauthorised solicitation.
- Keep it legal. It is unacceptable to post any material (i) that would infringe on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party, (ii) that contains software viruses or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware, or (iii) that is deemed to be illegal by any local, state, federal, or international law.
- Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on TomTom Discussions, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. If the advice given by a user sounds wrong or risky to you, do not try it. In particular, if any user asks you for personal information, such as an account number, address, password or credit card number, do not provide it.
We hope you'll enjoy participating on our forums!
Edited 18 November 2016 to reflect the updated Terms and Conditions of the site.