Home

New software v1.2.103 for Golfer 2 available for download

Tags:
software update, golfer 2, clubs,

MikkoKMikkoK Author

You can see here how much reputation MikkoK has received from other members.

Community Manager
Replies: 15850
Expert (Multi-sport)

Expert (Multi-sport)

Expert (Android App)

Expert (Android App)

Expert (iPhone App)

Expert (iPhone App)

Expert (RIDER)

Expert (RIDER)

Expert (Car navigation)

Expert (Car navigation)

Expert (Golfer)

Expert (Golfer)

Expert (Runner)

Expert (Runner)

17 May 2017, 14:24

Hi all,

We've just released a new software v1.2.103 for the Golfer 2 watches and it's available for download in TomTom Sports Connect.

What's new?


  • You can now track steps, time spent being physically active, calories burned and distance moved. To enable the tracker, set a goal in SETTINGS > TRACKER.
  • We have improved autoshot detection and you can now choose whether you use left or right-handed clubs. The default setting is RIGHT. To switch to LEFT, go to SETTINGS > PROFILE > CLUBS. Tip: Which wrist you wear the watch on has no effect.
  • We've made it easier to control vibration and beep for swing detection. For Hole and for Strokes you now have the options BEEP + VIBRATE, BEEP, VIBRATE and OFF.
  • We've fixed an issue which caused the alert about ending the 9th and 18th hole to be shown when entering the green instead of when exiting.

May the swing be with you! :D

Cheers, Mikko
Help others identify useful content: - Did someone answer your question? Click Mark as Solution - Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos button - Need help with your TomTom device? Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version. Check our support videos at tomtom.com/videosupport
  • von-Winther

    You can see here how much reputation von-Winther has received from other members.

    Outstanding Explorer
    Replies: 12

    17 May 2017, 19:57

    Hi

    Does autoshot detection now work ??

    Appears auto shot detection now when you're right-handed each time ????
    :?
  • JürgenJürgen

    You can see here how much reputation Jürgen has received from other members.

    Staff
    Replies: 1467
    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Golfer)

    Expert (Golfer)

    18 May 2017, 12:54

    von-Winther wrote:

    Hi

    Does autoshot detection now work ??

    Appears auto shot detection now when you're right-handed each time ????
    :?

    By default the watch software is set for the use of right-handed clubs. To switch to left-handed clubs, go to SETTINGS > PROFILE > CLUBS.
  • von-Winther

    You can see here how much reputation von-Winther has received from other members.

    Outstanding Explorer
    Replies: 12

    18 May 2017, 13:08

    Hi
    Does anyone know about autoshot detection now work with the new software v1.2.102 when the person is right handed ???
    Is there anyone who has tried it.:?
  • PaulW68116

    You can see here how much reputation PaulW68116 has received from other members.

    Apprentice Traveler
    Replies: 1

    19 May 2017, 16:27

    How do I activate Tracker? It always shows as "off" - I go to settings\tracker\goals\steps, leave as the default 10,000 and go right & it goes back to goals
  • JürgenJürgen

    You can see here how much reputation Jürgen has received from other members.

    Staff
    Replies: 1467
    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Golfer)

    Expert (Golfer)

    19 May 2017, 16:32

    PaulW68116 wrote:

    How do I activate Tracker? It always shows as "off" - I go to settings\tracker\goals\steps, leave as the default 10,000 and go right & it goes back to goals

    Hi Paul,
    This is how you enable it. When you go press right again from GOALS, STEPS should be highlighted rather than OFF. You find your steps walked or run when you press left from the clock screen .

    Greetings.
    Jürgen
  • Topov

    You can see here how much reputation Topov has received from other members.

    Master Explorer
    Replies: 5

    19 May 2017, 21:56

    not very intuitive menu system - I have worked in IT close to 20yrs!
  • PeMo1965

    You can see here how much reputation PeMo1965 has received from other members.

    Apprentice Traveler
    Replies: 1

    20 May 2017, 08:21

    It shows only "off" and you cannot change that.
    You can change the goals but it still shows "off"
    Is this a bug in the new software?

    Gr.

    Peter
  • Adriangolf

    You can see here how much reputation Adriangolf has received from other members.

    Apprentice Traveler
    Replies: 1

    20 May 2017, 15:33

    Hi I am seeing the same problem (as PeMo1965) from Tracker > Goals> list of options OFF, STEPS, TIME, CALORIES, DISTANCE - clicking right on OFF goes back to goals OFF stays OFF ??? Other options can click right and change ??? seems to be a bug ???
  • Topov

    You can see here how much reputation Topov has received from other members.

    Master Explorer
    Replies: 5

    21 May 2017, 10:26

    Like I said poor design on navigation around the menus. If you follow the instructions as shown then go out you will see it track. Trial and error
  • JaapP

    You can see here how much reputation JaapP has received from other members.

    Master Explorer
    Replies: 5

    21 May 2017, 12:10

    Tracker works fine. Nice additional information. Thank for the update.
    Jaap
  • JürgenJürgen

    You can see here how much reputation Jürgen has received from other members.

    Staff
    Replies: 1467
    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Golfer)

    Expert (Golfer)

    22 May 2017, 10:22

    Adriangolf wrote:

    Hi I am seeing the same problem (as PeMo1965) from Tracker > Goals> list of options OFF, STEPS, TIME, CALORIES, DISTANCE - clicking right on OFF goes back to goals OFF stays OFF ??? Other options can click right and change ??? seems to be a bug ???

    You need to press down and select one of the goals to enable the tracker. When it's enabled, you can press left from the clock screen to see the results.
  • boesjev

    You can see here how much reputation boesjev has received from other members.

    Apprentice Traveler
    Replies: 2

    23 May 2017, 18:47

    The update with the tracker is nice and works well.

    But when i want to sync it with the app or via the pc somehow it does show up how many steps i made. It shows the course i did and the duration. Is this a bug in the sync?

    Would be nice if the tracker would upload everything into the activity tracker of the program. Meaning that it adds different watches (i have a spark and golf 2) in the same graphs.
  • JürgenJürgen

    You can see here how much reputation Jürgen has received from other members.

    Staff
    Replies: 1467
    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Golfer)

    Expert (Golfer)

    24 May 2017, 09:22

    boesjev wrote:

    The update with the tracker is nice and works well.

    But when i want to sync it with the app or via the pc somehow it does show up how many steps i made. It shows the course i did and the duration. Is this a bug in the sync?

    Would be nice if the tracker would upload everything into the activity tracker of the program. Meaning that it adds different watches (i have a spark and golf 2) in the same graphs.

    Other than your Spark watch the Golfer watch does not sync with our cloud. At least that is the case at this point of time. Therefore the step data is only available on the Golfer watch itself.
  • JariB

    You can see here how much reputation JariB has received from other members.

    Prominent Wayfarer
    Replies: 44

    24 May 2017, 12:30

    Jürgen wrote:

    boesjev wrote:

    The update with the tracker is nice and works well.

    But when i want to sync it with the app or via the pc somehow it does show up how many steps i made. It shows the course i did and the duration. Is this a bug in the sync?

    Would be nice if the tracker would upload everything into the activity tracker of the program. Meaning that it adds different watches (i have a spark and golf 2) in the same graphs.

    Other than your Spark watch the Golfer watch does not sync with our cloud. At least that is the case at this point of time. Therefore the step data is only available on the Golfer watch itself.



    Actually after last updates it syncs the rounds as a "freestyle", but only date, time and duration
  • JürgenJürgen

    You can see here how much reputation Jürgen has received from other members.

    Staff
    Replies: 1467
    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Golfer)

    Expert (Golfer)

    24 May 2017, 16:16

    JariB wrote:

    Actually after last updates it syncs the rounds as a "freestyle", but only date, time and duration

    Hi JariB,
    I did not know we were that far with this. There are plans to store the rounds in our cloud. At this point the TomTom Golfer App does not yet call the rounds from the cloud. So it is work in progress.

    Greetings,
    Jürgen
  • BIRDIESTAR

    You can see here how much reputation BIRDIESTAR has received from other members.

    Apprentice Traveler
    Replies: 1

    26 May 2017, 17:09

    The vibration after a shot is quite intense.
    Can't remember it was so loud in the past.
    Am I the only one having this problem?

    Is there any change future updates will support messages (like sms and whatsapp) displayed on a TT2?

    I really like the whatch, but for me that's the missing link to Garmin.
  • boesjev

    You can see here how much reputation boesjev has received from other members.

    Apprentice Traveler
    Replies: 2

    27 May 2017, 10:01

    Jürgen, thanks for the quick reply!

    JariB, i have noticed that and that's when i saw it didn't sync the steps. But like Jürgen says: work in progress. I'm looking forward to new updates because in the future it will probably.

    Jürgen wrote:

    JariB wrote:

    Actually after last updates it syncs the rounds as a "freestyle", but only date, time and duration

    Hi JariB,
    I did not know we were that far with this. There are plans to store the rounds in our cloud. At this point the TomTom Golfer App does not yet call the rounds from the cloud. So it is work in progress.

    Greetings,
    Jürgen

  • Mike1104

    You can see here how much reputation Mike1104 has received from other members.

    Apprentice Traveler
    Replies: 1

    20 June 2017, 18:36

    Hi MikkoK

    I am waiting for delivery of my golfer 2 and was wanting to know is there anyway you can select a club when playing a shot to give you average distance per club? If not is there going to be a plan to have this added?

    Thanks Michael
  • JürgenJürgen Modbreak

    You can see here how much reputation Jürgen has received from other members.

    Staff
    Replies: 1467
    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Multi-sport)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Runner)

    Expert (Golfer)

    Expert (Golfer)

    21 June 2017, 08:58

    Mike1104 wrote:

    Hi MikkoK

    I am waiting for delivery of my golfer 2 and was wanting to know is there anyway you can select a club when playing a shot to give you average distance per club? If not is there going to be a plan to have this added?

    Thanks Michael

    Hi Michael,

    The only selection regarding clubs is right- or left-handed. This is to optimise automatic shot detection. I'm afraid I don't know if more is planned in this regards.

    Greetings,
    Jürgen

Reply to this post

Uploading in progress:
0%
Browse
Add
If the URL is correct, a preview will appear here. It can take a few minutes for larger images to show.
  • :D
  • :?
  • :cool:
  • :S
  • :(
  • :@
  • :$
  • :8
  • :)
  • :P
  • ;)
View mobile version
Powered by Insided